Fun, distinctive characters who are lovable and friendly. Great storylines which kids of all ages and all levels of ability can enjoy.
SmartMats are based on Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 core subjects of the National Curriculum.
SmartMats are made from 100% recycled paper.
Promoting the importance of family mealtimes in which children can independently work with SmartMats or interact with parents or siblings.
Quotes and mantras to inspire and nurture. Promote kindness, generosity and positive attitude. Relates to the PSHE curriculum.
10% of our profits go to the NSPCC
SmartMats don’t just do good in the dining room, by giving a little something back we can help children all over the UK.
a free pack of pencils to take home
SmartMats were born out of a need to redefine kids eating experiences in restaurants.
It’s time for a change. No more boring placemats and a healthy alternative to the iPad or Smartphone. An honest, straightforward approach which appeals to all ages.
Our bright and colourful placemats engage kids with interactive and dynamic subject matter. Parents are kept happy too with the educational content of the mats.
SmartMats not only represent the restaurant brand but they help to build it, encouraging repeat visits and increased customer loyalty. Kids will want to come back to your restaurant for the next SmartMats instalment and follow the progress of their favourite characters on our co-branded website.
Be Smart… try us!
The SmartMats Story
As a mother of three young children our founder Nathalie saw and studied the considerable physical, mental and emotional benefits of regular family mealtimes. With this often came the challenge to create a positive experience away from technology. SmartMats enable children to interact with each other and their parents through the use of a fun, unique, educational tool. Creating fulfilling family mealtimes and expanding children’s knowledge.
SmartMats were developed with JK Educate, an educational consultancy supporting families from starting school to university.
SmartMats illustrator Alexander Rosenberg is a London-based artist and writer. Having studied fine art at Central St. Martins and neuroscience at University College London, his work is multidisciplinary and varied. As an experienced tutor, much of his work is educational.
Making Mealtimes Fun
- Understanding the world, people and communities
- Numbers: children count reliably with numbers from 1 to 20, place them in order and say which number is one more or one less than a given number. Using quantities and objects, they add and subtract two single-digit numbers and count on or back to find the answer.
- Solve problems, including doubling, halving and sharing.
- The world: children know about similarities and differences in relation to places, objects, materials and living things. They talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another.
- Learn sounds and names of word categories – Pets/Farms/Zoo
- Name the letters of the alphabet in order.
- Use concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures
- Calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division within the multiplication tables and write them using the multiplication (×)
- Order and arrange combinations of mathematical objects in patterns and sequences
- Seasonal changes (Science national curriculum) – Pupils taught to observe changes across the four seasons. In addition, to observe and describe weather associated with the seasons and how day length varies.
- Recognise, find and write fractions of a discrete set of objects
- Recognise and use fractions as numbers
- Recognise and show, using diagrams, equivalent fractions with small denominators
- Identify, name and write equivalent fractions of a given fraction, represented visually.
- Earth and Space (Science national curriculum)
- Challenge and develop children’s reasoning abilities using symbols.
- Celebrate with the SmartMat family!
- Brighten up your Christmas table with our Christmas SmartMat. Engage and excite your children creating special family mealtimes and memories.
- Favourite activities, jokes, colouring in for all age groups within this brightly coloured, educational, fun and festive placemat.